Pending files waiting for Baijal’s nod: Jain
Delhi Government has put the ball in the Lieutenant-Governor Anil Baijal's court over the delay in its promise of building 1,000 Mohalla Clinics across the national Capital. While responding to a question in the Delhi Assembly's Monsoon session, Health Minister Satyender Jain said that the files were pending over "security" and "land use" issues with the Lieutenant-Governor, due to which the construction of the Mohalla Clinics could not take off fully.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) got into a verbal spat over the issue with the later alleging that it was the city Government's "failure" that the project had not taken off in "full strength".
The AAP, on the other hand accused the Opposition of creating hurdles in implementation of the project. The question whether the Government had proposed to open 1,000 mohalla clinics all over Delhi and what were the reasons for these not being opened till date was asked by Rajesh Gupta, the AAP MLA from Wazirpur.
Under this health project, the AAP Government wants to open 1,000 mohalla clincs across the city while more than 110 facilities have already come up. Mohalla clinic is a flagship project of the AAP Government which is aimed at providing free primary healthcare to the Dellihites.
Replying to a query during the Question Hour, Jain said officials are not allowing more such clinics as L-G has not given his nod so far. "There are issues of security and with regards to the land where the Mohalla Clinics would be erected. There is some confusion among officers with respect to the L-G's approval to some Cabinet notes. They lack clarity while hurdles are being created in setting them up," Jain alleged while addressing the House on Thursday. He also said that a solution to this would be found at the earliest.
While the arguments heated up between the AAP MLAs and BJP MLAs, Speaker Ram Niwas Goel told the Opposition leader Vijender Gupta that instead of accusing, it is better to meet the Lieutenant-Governor and ask him about the file on Mohalla Clinics.
Goel said a five member delegation, including the BJP and AAP MLAs, along with him could meet the L-G and take up the issue to request for his approval.
- Youth kills self by jumping in front of Metro train; services disrupted for 30 minutes 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC adopts ways to prevent suicide bids on Metro premises 21 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- Mayors seek L-G’s help in release of funds 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- North civic body releases mosquito-killing fish 21 Jul 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- JNU moots time-table to enable students opt for multiple lectures 21 Jul 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Relief for Kanhaiya: HC sets aside JNU’s Rs 10,000 fine for anti-India slogans 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal raps babus over report on Mohalla Clinics 21 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Cong to launch ‘Jan Adhikar Abhiyan' from Aug 4 to 11 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Parents-in-law denied interim bail 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Drug cartel busted, heroin worth Rs 16 cr seized 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...