- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
PM lived up to his mantra of Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas, claims Sushma
Encouraging the young minds and beneficiaries of Startup India and JanDhan Yojna, External Affair Minister Sushma Swaraj said Prime Minister Narendra Modi has lived up to his mantra of ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ by empowering Indians not just in the country but also those living abroad.
She was speaking during an event “Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas” orgainsed by the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) to mark the three years of the Modi Government at the Centre.
Swaraj said with “Kaushal Vikas Yojna” the empowerment of all sections of society, including women, youth and the poor has been made possible. Recalling the first address of Modi, after he took oath as the Prime Minister, she said, “Modi announced that his Government was for the weak and poor people and he has lived up to it by empowering rather than giving out freebies to the people through his schemes.”
“The Modi Government has also empowered Indians living in other countries and they believe it will come to their rescue whenever they will need help,” she said.
In the last three years, the Government had managed to evacuate 1.25 lakh people from troubled places in different parts of the world.”Of this, the Government paid for the evacuation of over 80,000 people. From Yemen, where only India could manage to evacuate people, we also helped and took out 1,947 foreigners, including three Pakistani nationals,” the Foreign Minister said.
Under the leadership of Modi, India was deciding global agenda. “World leaders look up to him since they feel that without the cooperation of our country international efforts will not succeed,” the Minister said.
“The Prime Minister only suggested holding an International Yoga Day on June 21, and within a record time of 75 days it was accepted by the United Nations with 177 countries coming forward as co-sponsors of the proposal and none against it. MPs, MLAs and municipal councillors of BJP should create awareness about the Modi Government’s achievements through door to door contact with people in their areas,” Swaraj added.
Delhi BJP Pardesh President Manoj Tiwari who was also part of event said due to the Mudra Yojna, Start Up and Stand Up schemes the Indian youth have new opportunities of creating self employment every day.
Recalling his recent visit to Qatar, Tiwari said Indian Diasporas living met me to pay thanks to Modi Government. “Not only the Indians but foreigners are also thanked Sushma for her sensitivity towards the safety of other nationalists. I was being recognised as BJP member not as an actor or a singer,” said Tiwari while thanking External Affair Minister.
Delhi BJP vice president Shyam Jaju said the objective of the Modi Government is the uplift of the poor and the facility of self attestation of documents is a proof of the trust on the citizens by the Government. “Corruption free transparent administration and commitment to honor the security forces has become the distinction of the Government of India.”
- Kashmiri separatist Aasiya Andrabi, 2 others sent to 1 month judicial custody 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhiites wakes up to humid morning, rainfall to continue 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- HC bars defacement of properties 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Employees Association writes to MHA over induction of DASS officer in lower grade 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Don who got clean chit in AAP MLA’s marital discord dies 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Snag in Metro halts services, overcrowds Huda City Centre stn 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 58 new Mohalla Clinics, 4 hospitals on the cards 17 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Days after SC rap, L-G assures of effective waste management 17 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- 2 smugglers arrested in separate incidents, 46 cartons of liquor seized 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC to build 73 new parking lots in next 2 years 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...