- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Police, NGO Sathi rescue 15 juveniles from New Delhi Railway Station
Fifteen juveniles have been rescued from the New Delhi Railway Station here in a joint drive by the Delhi Police and NGO Sathi, police said on Wednesday. The Non-Governmental Organisation had approached the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of Crime Branch to come to the rescue of the deprived children, police said in a statement.
Sathi is engaged in rescue and rehabilitation of children found at railway stations and platforms across the national Capital. "A ten-day drive was launched on September 1 at the New Delhi Railway Station for rescuing such children. Fifteen such juveniles were recovered," the statement said.
The rescued children went through counselling by the NGO and thereafter, the juveniles expressed a desire to return to normal life and shun the world of crime, it said. The children were united with their parents on Tuesday.
"The juveniles, aged between 10 to 16 years, belonged to poor family background. They are school dropouts who had fled from their homes in the hope of earning money," said a senior police officer.
- Youth kills self by jumping in front of Metro train; services disrupted for 30 minutes 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC adopts ways to prevent suicide bids on Metro premises 21 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- Mayors seek L-G’s help in release of funds 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- North civic body releases mosquito-killing fish 21 Jul 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- JNU moots time-table to enable students opt for multiple lectures 21 Jul 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Relief for Kanhaiya: HC sets aside JNU’s Rs 10,000 fine for anti-India slogans 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal raps babus over report on Mohalla Clinics 21 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Cong to launch ‘Jan Adhikar Abhiyan' from Aug 4 to 11 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Parents-in-law denied interim bail 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Drug cartel busted, heroin worth Rs 16 cr seized 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...