- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Post-mortem of 77-yr-old Narayan Devi reveals death due to hanging
The post-mortem examination report of 77-year-old Narayan Devi, the eldest of the 11 members of the Chundawat family who were found dead in north Delhi's Burari on July 1, was received by the Delhi Police on Thursday. Joint CP Crime Branch Alok Kumar has revealed that the cause of death was by ante-mortem hanging.
Joint CP said, “The report supports our conclusion that all the 11 members of the family committed suicide.”
Police had already received the post-mortem reports of the other 10 members. The post-mortem reports of the 10 other members of the Chundawant family said they died due to hanging and no external injury marks were found on the bodies except for a few scratches, the officer had said yesterday.
“The final opinion states that the family members died due to ante-mortem hanging,” he added.
The bodies of 10 members of the family were found hanging from an iron mesh attached to the ceiling on July 1, while that of Narayan Devi was found lying on the floor in another room of the house.
Narayan Devi's daughter Pratibha (57) and two sons -- Bhavnesh (50) and Lalit (45) -- were among the deceased. Bhavnesh's wife Savita (48) and their three children -- Neetu (25), Maneka (23) and Dhirendra (15) -- were also found dead.
The others found dead were Lalit's wife Tina (42), their 15-year-old son Dushyant and Pratibha's daughter Priyanka, who got engaged last month and was supposed to get married by the year-end. The police had also found 11 diaries, which contained “psychological musings” and certain things written about the “road to god”.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...