‘RapeRoko' campaign to be taken to streets through Nukkad Nataks
The 'RapeRoko' campaign launched by the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) Chairperson Swati Maliwal will now be taken to the streets of national Capital through Nukkad Nataks (street plays), an official statement on Wednesday said.
Swati Maliwal on Tuesday launched the campaign at Delhi University as a mark of protest against the sexual harassment of a DU student in a moving bus. With DCW's intervention into the matter, an FIR was registered in the Vasant Vihar Police Station.
According to DCW, the street plays will be conducted across Delhi until March 8 to raise awareness amongst the people and make them join the movement and fight sexual crimes against women and children.
"After the Nukkad Natak is performed, which is based on crimes against women, volunteers of 'RapeRoko' movement will speak to the crowd and discuss with them the demands of the movement," a statement by DCW said.
"Real change will happen when the government and society awakens against the evil of crimes against women and children. The Nukkad Nataks are a great way of reaching out to the people and raising awareness. We should no longer remain quiet. When people throng the streets on March 8, change is bound to happen!"Maliwal stated.
- NRI asks for direction, assaulted, dies due to heart attack; 2 arrested 18 Aug 2018 | SR
- Civic bodies slammed for trash mountain 18 Aug 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Gurudwara body buys new machines to print more Guru Granth Sahibs 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SC asks L-G to set up body 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Spa-sex racket busted, 3 women, 2 men arrested 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City Govt to give Rs 10cr aid to flood-hit Kerala 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3,316 minors go missing this year till June 30, say police 18 Aug 2018 | Garen Warjri Panor
- Submit timeline for complying with PDS order, HC directs Govt 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Italian held at IGIA for carrying unauthorised sat phone 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Signature bridge to be completed by Oct 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2018 | PNS | lOHARDAGA
Four ministers of School Children’s Parliament of Govt Middle school Narauli were felicitated for their outstanding leadership and excellent services in school management on the occasion of 72nd Independence Day. After the flag hoisting programme President Ramdayal Oraon, Prime Minister Sheela Oraon, Education Minister Anjali Oraon and Nutrition Minister Chandmuni Oraon were given certificate of appreciation and Oxford English Grammar book as prize...