- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Realtor facing criminal cases shot dead in Noida
A realtor facing over a dozen criminal cases, who had reportedly gone to Hindon Vihar in Noida regarding a land dispute, was shot dead there by unidentified gunmen on Monday at 5 pm, police said. Identified as Moti Goel, the realtor was even jailed for land deals gone wrong earlier, police said.
The injured businessman, who received seven bullet wounds, was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead, said a police officer, adding that Goel was facing about a dozen criminal cases being probed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He had been in in Dasna jail for over a decade and currently he was on bail, said the officer. Goel was accused of forging revenue papers and was said to possess land in areas beyond the Hindon river in Ghaziabad district, he said.
Geol's name had figured prominently after the then district magistrate (DM) of Ghaziabad Santosh Yadav order an audit of the Government land. Goel was booked in land scams when CBI investigated the land related criminal cases. Some cases were concluded and some cases were still under trial in CBI court in Ghaziabad, said the officer.
"The body has been sent for post mortem examination. Prima facie it appears to be a case of personal enmity. Investigation has been taken and a case of murder has been registered at sector-49 police station. Bullets were recovered from the spot and have been sent for forensic examination", said Prabhat Dixit the public relations officer to SSP Gautam Budh Nagar Ajay Pal Sharma.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...