- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
School confines kids over fees, CM seeks report
Taking a dim view of the alleged confinement of Kinder Garten (KG) students in a basement for not paying their dues by a school in Ballimaran area of the Walled City, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has sought a report from the Education Department about the whole episode.
Chief Minister said he intends to visit the school premises on Thursday morning."Myself and Dy CM will visit the school tomo at 10 am. Will meet the kids, their parents and school authorities," he tweeted.
"Chief Minister @ArvindKejriwal has sought report on Rabia Public School issue. He has called Secretary and Director education with all facts," Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia tweeted on Wednesday.
The Delhi Police had registered a case against a school for allegedly confining kindergarten students in the basement over non payment of fees.
"Chief Minister @ArvindKejriwal has sought report on Rabia Public School issue. He has called Secretary and Director education with all facts," Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia tweeted today.
The school authorities were not available for their comment on the issue.
Kejriwal and Sisodia will also visit the educational institute tomorrow to conduct a meeting with the students, parents and school authorities.
The matter came to light after the police was informed by some parents that 16 children were confined to the basement by their teachers between 7 am to 12 noon in central Delhi's Hauz Qazi area.
The Delhi Police had registered a case against a school for allegedly confining kindergarten students in the basement over non payment of fees. Senior police officials said that they were looking for the person responsible for the incident.
- AAP MLA’s name surfaces on Jamia’s signage 19 Jul 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- Gr Noida’s ‘dream house’ collapses after weekend house warming party 19 Jul 2018 | IANS
- 5 out of 26 Green Projects off-track 19 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Discom signs agreement with solar firm to procure 100 MW wind power 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Committed to lighting up dark spots around Metro stations: Jain 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- East civic body asks residents to process biodegradable waste 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Politicians reduces Arthala lake into banquet hall 19 Jul 2018 | SP Singh
- Dy CM: Appointment of director edu by L-G illegal 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Realtor shot in New Palam Vihar 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rise in periphery of Lal Dora mooted to adjust growing rural population 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...