SDMC seals 24 properties
The building department of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) has sealed 24 properties Rajouri Garden, Sagarpur and areas fall under Najafgarh Zone for misusing of spaces.
A senior SDMC official said the decision was taken on the direction of the Supreme Court-appointed monitoring committee. Brain Academy, ‘Capital Small Finance Bank’, Bigwig are among the others which were sealed at Rajouri Garden.”The properties situated in some of the areas were being used for commercial activities,” the official said.Further, according to the officials, the civic body has started making list of parking spaces that is being misused. He said, “Action can be taken any time.”
The monitoring committee on Monday has written to the commissioners of all the three municipal corporations, instructing to take action against misuse of parking spaces in residential areas. Soon after receiving the order, all the zonal deputy commissioners, additional commissioners and Superintendent engineer were informed and directed to take measure in the direction of the committee,” officials said.
The SC-appointed monitoring committee, which was revived on December 15 last year, has three members, including former adviser to the Election Commission KJ Rao, chairman of Environment Pollution (Prevention & Control) Authority (EPCA) Bhure Lal and Major General (retd) Som Jhingan.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...