- Fresh 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia's Lombok
- Wrestler Bajrang Punia wins gold in men's 65 kg in Asian Games in Jakarta
- India opens medal count at Asiad with bronze in rifle mixed team
- Kerala flood toll reaches 370, rescue operations continue
- Vajpayee's ashes immersed in the Ganges at Har ki Pairi
Symposium on mid market growth organised in Delhi
To stimulate the mid market growth in India, the Capital on Wednesday witnessed an exclusive symposium organised by India Law Offices and Confederation of Indian Industry. Attended by 100 companies from 20 countries, the global mid size companies are fanatical on strategic tie-ups with the country. The delegation included participation of over 120 Indian companies across the country.
Speaking to The Pioneer, Managing Partner of India Law Offices, Gautam Khurana aid, “The idea which was to facsimile Indian company with foreign companies, hits in wonderfully after the coming of Make in India campaign. We also believe that an economy of a country cultivates only when the small and mid market segment grows.”
Additional Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry; Atul Chaturvedi was present on the occasion and appraised the gathering on Foreign Direct Investment Policy of India and its Future Trends and Expectations.
The international business honchos, who are poised exploring strategic partnerships with Indian companies are a mix of both developed and developing nations from Germany, Canada, Italy, Greece, Austria, New Zealand, Cyprus, China, Lithuania and Kazakhstan, etc.
While speaking on India, one cannot put out of sight the agricultural sector. Keeping that in mind, “We have good number of agricultural companies from foreign side. There are also, loads of companies looking subsequent to agricultural machinery, equipments and processes”, Khurana told The Pioneer.
The symposium maxim participation from speckled industrial sectors viz, Solar and Hydro Energy, Dairy, Construction Equipment, Agriculture and Processed Food, Aviation, Textile, Automotive, IT and Infrastructure, etc fanatical on joint ventures and investment in the country.
Former Cabinet Secretary, Ajit Seth shared the light as how India as a prospective market has progressed over the time and how the country is determined to become one of the best economies in the years to come.
“India has sprouted as one of the most striking destination not for investment but also for doing business in the recent years. The fastest growing economies in the world which has not only sustained global downturn of 2008-09, India is slated to nurture at consistently higher rates during next few decades”, added Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industry, Delhi and Deputy Managing Director, DCM Shriram Industries Limited Madhav B Shriram.
- NRI asks for direction, assaulted, dies due to heart attack; 2 arrested 18 Aug 2018 | SR
- Civic bodies slammed for trash mountain 18 Aug 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Gurudwara body buys new machines to print more Guru Granth Sahibs 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SC asks L-G to set up body 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Spa-sex racket busted, 3 women, 2 men arrested 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City Govt to give Rs 10cr aid to flood-hit Kerala 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3,316 minors go missing this year till June 30, say police 18 Aug 2018 | Garen Warjri Panor
- Submit timeline for complying with PDS order, HC directs Govt 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Italian held at IGIA for carrying unauthorised sat phone 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Signature bridge to be completed by Oct 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...