Take action against illegally operating water cooling plants: HC to Civic bodies
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday directed the local municipal bodies to take action against water cooling plants which are illegally operating in the national Capital in violation of the Master Plan.
A bench of Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal and Justice C Hari Shankar issued notice to the three MCDs and the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) seeking their response to a plea by an NGO which has alleged that the water cooling plants are operating from notified commercial streets in "flagrant violation" of Master Plan of Delhi (MPD) 2021.
NGO Society for Holistic Approach and Development, in its plea iled through advocates Kamlesh Kumar Mishra and Sanjay Baniwal, has claimed that orders for punitive action against such units by the Municipal Health Officer (MHO) of East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) and other senior officials have been "disregarded" by its own officials.
The plea has said that "despite the orders having been passed and the water cooling plants in the notified commercial streets being illegal and unauthorised, no action has yet been taken."
Taking note of the submissions, the court directed the EDMC to take action as ordered by its MHO and listed the matter for further hearing on September 19.
The other two corporations were directed to physically inspect such units in their areas and all of them were asked to file their respective status reports on the action taken.
- 24 Delhi Police officials scoop Prez’s medal for meritorious services 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 30 CBI officials, officers bag President’s medal 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rani Jhansi Grade separator all set to miss its eighth deadline 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Setback for AAP as senior leader Ashutosh resigns 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Why can’t other States emulate Delhi in health, edu sectors: CM 16 Aug 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- Yamuna flows above danger level, IMD forecasts rain till August 20 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PM pays visit to ailing Vajpayee in AIIMS 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt has brought Centre to N-E India doorstep: Modi 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Modi hails all women crew of Tarini vessel 16 Aug 2018 | Sapna Singh
- All-women SWAT team from N-E at Red Fort beams with pride 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...