- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Tatkal temporary power connections in Delhi for Durga Puja, weddings
Power major BRPL and BYPL have decided to provide instan), temporary electricity connections for Durga Puja pandals and wedding functions under a Tatkal scheme for the festive season. The applicants can apply online or call the BSES call centres for the temporary connections for Durga Puja pandals (enclosures) and marriages, that will be approved same day, he said.
BSES discoms have already undertaken several measures, including putting its operations and maintenance teams on high alert to ensure reliable power supply during upcoming festive season. The temporary 'tatkal' connection can be obtained by contacting the call centre at 39999707 (BRPL) and 39999808 (BYPL). The applicants can also complete simple formalities by visiting the call centers at division office.
Applications for temporary connections can also be made online through the BSES website. Normally, it takes 3-5 days to get temporary electricity connections, said the spokesperson.
A senior official of the BSES said that the incidence of power-theft also increases during the festival season. "BSES teams will be on a high alert to catch such transgressions. They will be relying heavily on analytics to catch the power thieves. Consumers are requested to take legal 'temporary' connections for all their celebrations," he said.
BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) distributes power to an area spread over 200 sq km. According to its website, BPYL has 1.6 million customers are spread over 14 districts across Central and East Delhi including Chandni Chowk, Darya Ganj, Dilshad Garden, Jhilmil, Karawal Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Mayur Vihar, Pahar Ganj, Patel Nagar.
BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL) distributes power to an area spread over 750 sq km. It has over 2.4 million customers spread in 19 districts across South and West Delhi including Alaknanda, Dwarka, Hauz Khas, Janak Puri, Khanpur, Mundka, Najafgarh, Nangloi, Nehru Place, Nizamuddin, Palam, Punjabi Bagh, RK Puram, Saket, according to BRPL website.
- Youth kills self by jumping in front of Metro train; services disrupted for 30 minutes 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC adopts ways to prevent suicide bids on Metro premises 21 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- Mayors seek L-G’s help in release of funds 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- North civic body releases mosquito-killing fish 21 Jul 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- JNU moots time-table to enable students opt for multiple lectures 21 Jul 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Relief for Kanhaiya: HC sets aside JNU’s Rs 10,000 fine for anti-India slogans 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal raps babus over report on Mohalla Clinics 21 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Cong to launch ‘Jan Adhikar Abhiyan' from Aug 4 to 11 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Parents-in-law denied interim bail 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Drug cartel busted, heroin worth Rs 16 cr seized 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...