To provide 24X7 power supply, Tata launches first-of-its-kind system
In order to provide 24x7 reliable power supply, Tata Power Delhi Distribution (Tata Power-DDL) has launched first-of-its-kind "Advanced Distribution Management System" (ADMS).
The newly-launched ADMS will aid Tata Power-DDL to enhance the reliability, safety and efficiency of the network spread across 510 square km in North and North-West Delhi by facilitating advanced monitoring, analytics, and better control and planning.
A senior Tata Power-DDL said that ADMS encompasses advanced monitoring and control of the distribution network, fault and outage management and network performance optimization on a single platform integrating SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), DMS (Distribution Management System) and OMS (Outage Management System).
The integration helps provide efficient network management improving work efficiency and providing faster solutions and better resource optimization, he said.
"The system will also help maintenance staff to monitor power situation via mobile devices in real time. It will also facilitate intimation to affected customers in advance for duration of non-availability of power," he said.
The official further said that the system will seamlessly integrate sub transmission and distribution management system and customer Management System by using geographical information to further improve outage restoration time. "It will also act as an integrator between all information and operation technology systems and will use predictive analytics for finding exact location of fault and will suggest best way of restoration by network alteration from control centre," he added.
Sanjay Banga, CEO of Tata Power-DDL said "We aim to create a utility of the future delivering smarter and sustainable power distribution solutions by leveraging integration of different technologies. "The new ADMS in collaboration with GE will enable us to further improve on our service and help us in reaching our objective of supplying world class quality power to our consumers," he said.
The ADMS will also help Tata Power-DDL to implement other smart grid technologies like smart metering, E-Vehicle charging infrastructure, battery storage solutions and integration of rooftop solar by monitoring the load patterns and accurately forecasting availability of power supply.
- NRI asks for direction, assaulted, dies due to heart attack; 2 arrested 18 Aug 2018 | SR
- Civic bodies slammed for trash mountain 18 Aug 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Gurudwara body buys new machines to print more Guru Granth Sahibs 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SC asks L-G to set up body 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Spa-sex racket busted, 3 women, 2 men arrested 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City Govt to give Rs 10cr aid to flood-hit Kerala 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3,316 minors go missing this year till June 30, say police 18 Aug 2018 | Garen Warjri Panor
- Submit timeline for complying with PDS order, HC directs Govt 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Italian held at IGIA for carrying unauthorised sat phone 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Signature bridge to be completed by Oct 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Five years after the renowned rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Pune, the CBI on Saturday arrested one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly pulled the trigger. Identiying the arrested person as one Sachin Prakashrao Andure from Aurangabad, a senior official said that Andure was one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly shot Dr Dabholkar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...