- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Uber driver held for abusing MNC employee in Gurugram
An Uber cab driver was arrested on Friday for allegedly abusing and misbehaving with an MNC employee over the phone after the victim cancelled her booking twice.
The accused was arrested from Ghaziabad, (Uttar Pradesh). The police have booked him under Sections 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (Act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) at the Sushant Lok police station.
Earlier, on Wednesday the MNC employee alleged in her complaint to the police that on Wednesday late night she had booked an Uber cab from her office located at Golf Course Road. She wanted to join a birthday party of her friend at Sector 15 area in Gurugram.
She had cancelled her booking twice as the driver was talking to someone else in a suspicious manner on the phone.
Later the cab driver named Jumran called her after five minutes and started abusing her and also threatened her with dire consequences. Soon after the incident she immediately informed the police.
On Thursday the police had filed an FIR against the accused driver and arrested him from Ghaziabad.
“The driver was angry as the complainant cancelled her booking twice,” Gaurav Phogat, Station House Officer (SHO), Sushant Lok police station, said.
- Kashmiri separatist Aasiya Andrabi, 2 others sent to 1 month judicial custody 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhiites wakes up to humid morning, rainfall to continue 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- HC bars defacement of properties 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Employees Association writes to MHA over induction of DASS officer in lower grade 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Don who got clean chit in AAP MLA’s marital discord dies 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Snag in Metro halts services, overcrowds Huda City Centre stn 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 58 new Mohalla Clinics, 4 hospitals on the cards 17 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Days after SC rap, L-G assures of effective waste management 17 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- 2 smugglers arrested in separate incidents, 46 cartons of liquor seized 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC to build 73 new parking lots in next 2 years 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...