University woos Indians for green pasture in US
When it comes to study abroad, big names like Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard naturally comes in one's mind, but if one fails to cut through high benchmark required for entering these one need not be disheartened because Universities like Auburn in the United States can help in realising their dreams. Established way back in 1856, Auburn university is among the top 100 national universities in the United States according to US News & World report, 2017.
J Emmett Winn, Professor and Associate Provost Auburn University said that though State funding have decreased over the years for almost all public funded universities in the US but still the funding levels are pretty stable. He said that after Donald Trump came to power immigration policy have caused concern among students. "Presidential position on immigration causes concern among students globally. But students visa's have not been affected so we have not seen any big change in terms of students," said Winn.
He told that there was some decrease in number of applicants from China but no downward trend is observed in number of students applying from India. Auburn offers courses in engineering including that in Aeronautical and Astronautical engineering, Agriculture, science and mathematics etc.
- Punjabi singer Lamba arrested for rape on marriage pretext 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SC informed about steps to ease 77 congested corridors 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Manipur man killed by cousin over money 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Clear all pending works under MLALAD in week: CM 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Hospitals ready to fight sting menace 24X7 20 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- INA Metro station revamped 20 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- AAP MLA’s name surfaces on Jamia’s signage 19 Jul 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- Gr Noida’s ‘dream house’ collapses after weekend house warming party 19 Jul 2018 | IANS
- 5 out of 26 Green Projects off-track 19 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Discom signs agreement with solar firm to procure 100 MW wind power 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Governor Anandiben Patel has said that tourism has enhanced in Madhya Pradesh in recent years. Employment to maximum people could be provided through tourism industry...