Wanted criminal carrying reward on his head held from Rajasthan
A 53-year-old, carrying a reward on his head, allegedly accused in murder of a person has been arrested by the Crime Branch of Delhi Police from Rajasthan on Tuesday.
Dr G Ram Gopal Naik Deputy Commsioner of Police, Crime Branch Stars and STF Dr G Ram Gopal Naik said the accused has been identified as Kundu Swami, a resident of Wazirpur, Delhi.
“Swami had two major cases registered against him in Delhi. He murdered his rival gangster Shravan Kumar to maintain his supremacy in the area. Accordingly, case under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code and under Delhi Excise Act was registered at Bharat Nagar police station in north west Delhi and investigation was taken up. Before that he was involved in many heinous crimes,” the DCP said.
Swami has twelve cases registered against him at Ashok Vihar police station, two in Bharat Nagar Police Station and one in Keshav Puram police station respectively.
Last year, he got arrested under Excise Act section but later he got bail. When he was out, he committed murder and since then he was absconding, added the DCP.
Due to his alleged involvement in several cases and being absconding from more than a year, he was declared a proclaimed offender and a cash reward of Rs. 25000 was announced on his arrest by Delhi Police.
During investigation of his whereabouts, the police team formed to trace him, received a credible information about presence of Narayan who was identified as a close aide of Kundu Swami.
On Tuesday, Narayan was arrested from Nala Pusta Road, Near Bhalaswa Landfill on GT Karnal Road bypass. During interrogation Narayna disclosed some important details about Swami and his claims were verified by the local intelligence. This led to the details of whereabouts of Swami and it was revealed that Swami was hiding in Swai Madhopur in Rajasthan. Immediately a team was deployed to Rajasthan and a raid was conducted at his hideout.
“On sensing police presence he tried to flee but he was overpowered by the police personnel. He was arrested under section 41.1 A (police may arrest without warrant) of Code of Criminal Procedure.
On preliminary interrogation, Swami revealed that after murdering Shravan he along with his son Satish Kumar fled from the city. When a team of police reached at his house, cartons filled with illicit liquor were recovered.
However, two days back Swami's son Satish Kumar was arrested while carrying twenty two cartons of illicit liquor, the DCP said.
Swami's father was also involved in smuggling of liquor and in various offences. Following his father's footsteps Swami also got indulged in smuggling of liquor, the DCP said.
- DU releases 9th cut-off list to fill vacant seats 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 21-yr-old imposter transporting illegal liquor in police net 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NDMC installs 52k LED streetlights for public safety in second phase 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- London-bound man arrested for smuggling Rs 82L at IGIA, Chinese held for using fake ticket to enter terminal 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 43 malaria cases from Aug 1 to 18, number touches 243 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NCERT fined Rs 5L for felling 5 trees, prunning 33 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Fugitive gangster wanted for murder held after 8 years 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Harassed by friends to return debt, 26-year-old kills self, alleges family 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Army veteran implicated in false molestation case gets bail 21 Aug 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Leaders recall contributions of Vajpayee at condolence meet 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The beauty of city of lakes painted through vibrant colours and the eye catching shades over canvas spellbound the art appreciators. A group painting exhibition is being put up at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery that began here from Monday...