Woman assaulted by 2 in S Delhi
A woman was allegedly sexually assaulted by two bike- borne men outside the Indian Spinal Injuries Centre (ISIC) in South Delhi’s Nangal Dawat Vasant Kunj road on the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, South district, Chinmay Biswal said a case has been registered and on the instance of the complainant, the accused Sahil Bagga, whom the woman suspected to be behind the sexual assault, was brought to the Vasant Kunj (South) Police Station for questioning.
The woman alleged that while she was waiting at the bus stop near ISIC for her cab, the bike borne men came to her and tried dragging her to the bushes but when she resisted the men allegedly thrashed the woman and fled from the spot.
During investigation, it was learnt that the woman had filed a rape case against the accused Sahil earlier this year in Greater Noida on allegations that he had raped her on the pretext of marriage. In that particular case, the accused was arrested and was granted bail, police said.
“It has also been learnt that in 2013, the woman had registered a case of outraging modesty against another person at the Malviya Nagar Police Station and a chargesheet has been filed in the case which is pending trial. It has also been learnt from a perusal of records of Vasant kunj South Police Station that the complainant had got another case of stalking and outraging of modesty against two other persons in 2016, which has also been chargesheeted and is pending trial,” said the Additional DCP.
Biswal added, “Other relevant facts pertaining to the incident are being verified and further investigation in the matter is on.”
- AAP MLA’s name surfaces on Jamia’s signage 19 Jul 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- Gr Noida’s ‘dream house’ collapses after weekend house warming party 19 Jul 2018 | IANS
- 5 out of 26 Green Projects off-track 19 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Discom signs agreement with solar firm to procure 100 MW wind power 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Committed to lighting up dark spots around Metro stations: Jain 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- East civic body asks residents to process biodegradable waste 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Politicians reduces Arthala lake into banquet hall 19 Jul 2018 | SP Singh
- Dy CM: Appointment of director edu by L-G illegal 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Realtor shot in New Palam Vihar 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rise in periphery of Lal Dora mooted to adjust growing rural population 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...