×
E-PAPER ▾

E-paper

City

Woman booked for pouring boiling milk on her husband

| | Gurugram

The Gurugram police has booked a woman for allegedly pouring boiling milk on her husband on Sunday night after she had a fight with him. The woman had strained relationship with her husband as she wanted to live in Chandigarh with her relatives whereas the man identified as Joginder Singh was not willing to do so, the victim told police.

The two had frequent fights over this matter and on Sunday night, the accused identified as Mukesh poured a utensil filled with hot boiling milk on her husband due to which he suffered severe burn injuries.

Police said a case against the accused has been registered at Bajghera police station under section 326 A and 506 IPC. Sub-Inspector Harkesh Kumar, the investigating officer (IO), said Singh has suffered serious burn injuries due to which he was shifted to Safdarjung hospital for further treatment.

According to the victim's statement before police, "He was sleeping on Sunday night, when around 1.30 am his wife suddenly came and poured hot milk on him causing serious burn injuries to him.

He also said his wife wanted to kill him as she wanted to shift to Chandigarh to live with her relatives but he was not ready to do so. The victim also alleged that his wife had been fighting with him to sell the house in Gurugram so that they could shift to Chandigarh", the IO said.

 
 
 
 
 

TOP STORIES

Sunday Edition

View All

My father lived, died for India, says Rahul

15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi

Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...

Read More

STATE EDITIONS

View All

Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance

18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR

A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...

Read More

Page generated in 0.2871 seconds.