Woman found murdered in Outer Delhi, husband on run
A woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances while her husband fled, leaving behind their one year old son crying at an under construction building in Outer Delhi’s Shahbad Dairy area on Wednesday night. Police said that the incident came to light on Thursday morning when the security guard heard the cries of a child. The crime took place at under construction building with the couple, daily wage labourers, came to Wednesday night asking for shelter due to the cold.
Police till late Thursday evening said that in the absence of any document, they have not been able to establish the identity of the woman
Rajneesh Gupta, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rohini) said, “We received information that a woman was found dead in Rohini Sector 28 at the first floor of an under construction building.
As per the security guard, one husband, wife with a one year old child came around 8 pm on Wednesday asking for food and shelter for the night from the guard.
The guard gave them food and a tarpaulin sheet for overnight stay at the first floor of the under construction building.
On Thursday morning, at around 9:30am, after hearing the cries of the child, the guard found the woman dead and the husband was not there. The child was taken down and the police was informed.
Police said that they have sent the body for post mortem to establish what led to her death.
A case of murder has been registered. Police said that they are making efforts to trace the husband.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...