Woman toll collector molested in G’gram
A woman toll collector was allegedly molested and thrashed by a man at Kherki Daula toll plaza on Thursday morning after he got angry for being forced to wait for few minutes. Further, the woman asked the accused to behave properly, and show identification documents. Rather than showing documents, the man became violent and he starting hurling abuses and even slapped the woman toll operator.
According to the police, the incident took place at around 11.15 am when the man asked the woman toll collector to open the barrier and let him go as he was getting late. The victim was posted at booth number 23 when the accused asked for a feed passage. The accused also opened the boom barrier forcefully and passed the vehicles without paying toll charges.
“When the woman refused him pass without paying the toll charges he stepped out of his Verna car and allegedly molested and threatened her with dire consequences. The man also tried to vandalise the toll barrier,” Kripal Singh, the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Kherki Daula toll Plaza said.
“The man thrashed me and even threatened to kill me. He abused and molested me as well. The other toll operators saved me from the man and later I reported it to the police, the victim said in her complaint,” the woman toll operator said.
“The entire episode was captured in CCTV cameras installed there. The car number was also captured in the camera. The vehicle was found to be registered in the name of one Kuldeep Yadav a resident of Shikohpur village. We have registered a case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and the hunt is on to nab the accused,” Yashwant Singh, the Station House Officer (SHO) of the Kerki Daula police station, said.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...