HEALTH & FITNESS
Chennai hotels set to serve special food for I-Day
Star hotels here are getting ready to celebrate the country's 70th Independence Day with tri-colour themed food, regional cuisines and even the dishes that were served on the night of August 14, 1947.
"We have decided to have tri-colour themed dishes. In India people are reluctant to cut dishes resembling the national flag unlike the western nations," Deepak Dandge, Executive Chef, The Raintree, St. Mary's Road, told IANS.
According to him, the guests can savour dishes from various regions at the hotels two restaurants -- Colony and Chap Chay -- on Aug 15. Dandge said there will not be molecular gastronomy.
The non-alcoholic spread is priced at Rs 1,550 plus taxes.
Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the InterContinental Chennai Mahabalipuram Resort plans to take its guests through a culinary journey of India's history.
The hotel's master chefs will showcase the diversity of regional cuisines from across the states, as you get the sample Indian heritage on a platter at the Kitchens of India brunch, the hotel said in a statement.
"Independence Day is a pivotal time in our nation's history to reflect on our heritage and culture. Cuisines play a big role in defining our identities as Indians and InterContinental Chennai Mahabalipuram Resort wants to highlight that through some delightfully patriotic offerings," Vijai Singh, General Manager, was quoted as saying in the statement.
The resort offers special dinner buffet (August 12-15) at Rs 1,799 plus taxes and the Kitchens of India brunch (August 15) at Rs 1,999 plus taxes.
On the other hand, Anise restaurant at Taj Coromandel here will recreate the historic menu that Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai served on the night of August 14, 1947.
The special menu now on offer for dinner till August 15, said a hotel official.
Interestingly, the price is fixed at Rs 1,947 (plus taxes) commemorating the year India got freedom from the British rule.
- 'Do-gooders' likely to attract hatred at work: Study 22 Jul 2018 | Prof Pramod Pathak
- IIT-K develops online tool to help people deal with mental health issues 22 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 'Exergames' can boost health in obese children: Study 22 Jul 2018 | PTI
- How to reverse signs of ageing 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Protein that boosts survival in colon cancer patients identified 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Like yoga, Ayurveda should spread globally: Shripad Naik 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Human influence detected in changing seasons: Study 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Dehydration can lower cognitive abilities: Study 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- WB govt signs MoU with NHA to implement Ayushman Bharat scheme 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Novel eye drop may treat age-related vision loss: Study 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | AFP | tehran
Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Saturday that negotiations with the United States are “useless” because it does not abide by agreements. “As I have previously said, we cannot trust in the words of the United States and even in their signature, so negotiations with the United States are useless,” Khamenei told a gathering of Iranian diplomats in Tehran...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2018 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday targeted the entire opposition, questioning the motive behind the no-confidence motion moved by the opposition in the Lok Sabha. Addressing a Kisan Kalyan Rally in Shahjahanpur on Saturday afternoon, Modi said the people of the country trusted him and his government but some political parties did not...