HEALTH & FITNESS
Electronic skin tattoos could monitor health
Chinese scientists have developed skin-like electronic tattoos, that could be used to monitor health parameters such as blood pressure and body temperature in real time.
The graphene-based electronic tattoo developed by scientists from Tsinghua University in China can be easily transferred onto various surfaces such as the human skin, leaves and silk.
Graphene, a super thin material with excellent flexibility and conductivity, is an ideal material for electronic skin, researchers said.
It could also be attached to masks and throats to measure body signals such as breathing, heartbeat and voice, according to the research published in the journal ACS Nano.
The electronic skin exhibits high sensitivity and long-term stability. It can withstand higher temperatures and is comfortable to wear, 'Xinhua' reported.
With laser scribing technology, the pattern of the graphene-based electronic skin can be personalised, a feature that will help future commercialisation.
The electronic skin has huge potential in health care and intelligent systems, scientists said.
- Resistance training boosts motivation to exercise 19 Aug 2018 | PTI
- YouTube videos on plastic surgery spreading misinformation: Study 19 Aug 2018 | PTI
- US varsity signs MoU with Indian Nursing Council 19 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Brain tumours may occur in children with common genetic syndrome 18 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Higher BMI may increase your BP as well 18 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Delhi official wins WHO award on tobacco control initiative 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Smartphone screens harbour more germs than a toilet seat: Study 18 Aug 2018 | IANS
- IRDAI asks Insurance firms to cover mental illness in policies 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Birth control app highlights emerging health tech market 17 Aug 2018 | AP
- Doctors Without Borders welcomes WHO's new recommendations to treat drug-resistant TB 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...