- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
HEALTH & FITNESS
India to build 124-bed hospital in strife-torn South Sudan
India has decided to build a 124-bed mental hospital in strife-torn South Sudan under a friendship programme between the two countries, an official said today.
The Central Public Works Department (CPWD), the country's premier infrastructure building authority, will build the mental hospital at an estimated cost of Rs 120 crore.
An official told PTI that the construction work is expected to be completed in two years. A team of the Ministry of External Affairs, CPWD and other departments concerned will visit South Sudan to inspect the project site next month, the official said.
"The proposed mental hospital, which will have a capacity of 124 beds, will be funded by India and executed by CPWD. The hospital is being built under India-South Sudan Friendship Programme," the official, who did not wish to be named, said.
"It is planned that the material for construction of the hospital will be sent from India and local sources of supply in neighbouring countries of South Sudan will also be explored," the official said.
South Sudan gained independence from Sudan in 2011, making it the newest nation in the world. However, a civil war broke out in the infant nation in 2013.
According to official, the CPWD has taken up several infrastructure projects in other countries, including Afghanistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- Childhood abuse may up endometriosis risk in adulthood 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Scent of coffee may help you crack GMAT: Study 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Unhealthy fat, cholesterol linked with lower fertility 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Brain area linked to binge eating identified 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Can a magnetic wire help early detection of cancer 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- 4 in 10 Indians unaware of cyberbullying: Study 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Childhood infections may affect academic performance 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Younger pregnant women at high risk of prenatal depression: Study 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Nano bubbles filled with drug may kill cancer cells 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Empanelled hospitals to have Ayushman Mitra to assist patients seeking treatment under the scheme 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...