- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
HEALTH & FITNESS
Lupin, Boehringer Ingelheim to co-market two oral anti-diabetic drugs in India
Drug major Lupin today said it has expanded its collaboration with Germany's Boehringer Ingelheim for co-marketing two oral anti-diabetic drugs in India.
The two new oral anti-diabetics drugs -- Gibtulio Met (Empagliflozin+ Metformin) and Ajaduo (Empagliflozin +Linagliptin) -- were recently approved by the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI).
"Both these products belong to a novel class of oral anti-diabetic drugs patented in India and will be launched for the first time by an Indian company," Lupin said in a regulatory filing.
The two products will be co-marketed simultaneously by Boehringer Ingelheim and Lupin across India under different brand names, it added.
In October 2015, Lupin and Boehringer Ingelheim announced a strategic alliance to co-market anti-diabetes drug linagliptin in India.
Quoting International Diabetes Federation, Lupin said India is home to 72.9 million adults aged between 20 and 79 years of age, ranking second behind China and is poised to breach 150 million patients by 2045, by when India will overtake China.
The Indian diabetes market is valued at Rs 1,13,360 million and is growing at 11.7 per cent (IMS MAT April 2018) with the oral anti-diabetic market being valued at Rs 83,340 million and growing at 11.21 per cent (IMS MAT April 2018), it added.
Shares of Lupin were trading 0.10 per cent higher at Rs 904.10 on BSE.
- Childhood abuse may up endometriosis risk in adulthood 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Scent of coffee may help you crack GMAT: Study 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Unhealthy fat, cholesterol linked with lower fertility 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Brain area linked to binge eating identified 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Can a magnetic wire help early detection of cancer 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- 4 in 10 Indians unaware of cyberbullying: Study 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Childhood infections may affect academic performance 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Younger pregnant women at high risk of prenatal depression: Study 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Nano bubbles filled with drug may kill cancer cells 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Empanelled hospitals to have Ayushman Mitra to assist patients seeking treatment under the scheme 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...