- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Akhilesh Yadav: New face for the Samajwadi Party
This refers to the editorial, “New SP under Akhilesh?” (October 9). As the saying goes, a trouble shared is a trouble halved, but the internecine trouble in the Samajwadi Party, stemming from divergence of views between the old and the new guards, cost the party tremendously.
A division of a party accounts for division of its vote-bank as well, causing a sag and that is what happened to the Samajwadi Party in the 2017 State Assembly election, which was sagaciously exploited by the ruling BJP. However, a successful combination in the party leadership happens to be one premised on the experience and worldliness of the old guard and the dynamics and energising fervour of the new. There's a silver lining seen in the Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Yadav and his brother Shivpal Yadav extending their blessings and good wishes to Akhillesh Yadav on the
latter's re-election as the party chief.
The Samajwadi Party's alliance with the Congress too may result in some pragmatic dividends for both the partners ahead of the 2019 parliamentary election and the 2022 Uttar Pradesh poll. I concur with the view that Akhilesh Yadav may also emerge as the potential contender for prime ministership in 2024, a long-cherished wish of his father Mulayam Singh Yadav.
- Women: the driving force 21 Jul 2018 | CK Sardana
- Keep the sky safe 21 Jul 2018 | Ganapathi Bhat
- Ensure ecological balance for sustainability 21 Jul 2018 | Prakash C Dixit
- No more 20 Jul 2018 | G David Milton
- Law won’t help 20 Jul 2018 | Suresh
- About time 20 Jul 2018 | JS Acharya
- Rule of law is a must to prevent mob justice 20 Jul 2018 | Kajal Chaterjee
- Nelson mandela day 19 Jul 2018 | TS Karthik
- Historic victory 19 Jul 2018 | Silky
- Election meddling 19 Jul 2018 | S Vasudeva
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...