- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
2 jawans among 5 hurt in Pak firing
At least five people, including two Border Security Force jawans, received injuries in fresh exchange of fire from across the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector late on Wednesday evening.
In Jammu Pak rangers also opened fire along the International Border and targeted forward posts and civilian areas of Pargwal in Akhnoor sector.
The firing in the area started around 3.00 pm and continued till late evening intermittently. On both the fronts, Indian jawans retaliated effectively to silence Pak guns. Eyewitness reports claimed the Indian Army gave befitting reply to the Pakistan Army in Degwar and Sawjiyan area of Poonch.
According to BSF authorities, "Two jawans received minor injuries in cross LoC firing in Sawjiyan area of Poonch on Wednesday".
Senior BSF authorities confirmed the nature of injuries were not serious adding the jawans were coming on foot from their forward posts to receive medical treatment.
According to ground reports, three civilians were also hurt in Degwar area of Poonch in intense shelling during the day.
According to local residents in Poonch the intensity of the cross LoC firing has once again sent shock waves among them as Pak army targeted civilian areas by firing long range mortars . Several shells landed close to Poonch town and people were seen standing on their rooftops to witness the intensity of the shelling in the area.
- UP Cong to protest against BJP Govts over law and order 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC asks Committee chief to explore possibility to compensate victims 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Irrigation scheme not running at full utilisation: CAG report 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC stays Madras HC order giving 196 marks to NEET students 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP Govt to set flood relief camp in affected districts 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UPPCL to set up special cell to bring down line losses 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Woman alleges rape by 40 men for 4 days, 3 held 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EC junks Cong 60L fake MP voter ID claim 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Transporters go on indefinite agitation for various demands 21 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Senior BJP leader shot in Rae Bareli 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...