20 Bills passed by both Houses
As many as 20 bills were passed by both Houses in the Monsoon Session of Parliament which concluded on Friday and the productivity of Lok Sabha was 118 per cent, while that of Rajya Sabha 74 per cent.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar termed the session a festival of social justice as a bill to give constitutional status to the OBC Commission and the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Bill, were passed.
The Monsoon Session had commenced on July 18 and it concluded today. Both Houses were adjourned sine die.
The session provided 17 sittings spread over a period of 24 days. The productivity of Lok Sabha was 118 per cent and that of Rajya Sabha was 74 per cent, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Vijay Goel said.
During the session, a motion of no confidence against the government was also defeated with a massive margin.
- When Vajpayee asked for pajamas at public meeting 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- ‘Atal made path-breaking contributions to Sino-India ties’ 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- No change of guard ceremony today: Rashtrapati Bhavan 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India’s Chef de Mission pays tribute 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ex-PM started out as an MP from Balrampur 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Pak interim Law Min meets Sushma, condoles demise 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- SAARC leaders, including Pak, turn up at funeral 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Inshort 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Centre announces new freight corridor between Kharagpur, Vijayawada 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Rain brightens chance of filling Srisailam dam 18 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2018 | PNS | lOHARDAGA
Four ministers of School Children’s Parliament of Govt Middle school Narauli were felicitated for their outstanding leadership and excellent services in school management on the occasion of 72nd Independence Day. After the flag hoisting programme President Ramdayal Oraon, Prime Minister Sheela Oraon, Education Minister Anjali Oraon and Nutrition Minister Chandmuni Oraon were given certificate of appreciation and Oxford English Grammar book as prize...