24 new police stations in Gorakhpur zone soon
To further strengthen law and order in Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s Parliamentary constituency and adjoining districts, the DGP office sent a proposal to create 24 new police stations in districts coming in the Gorakhpur Zone.
The proposal was sent to Police headquarters (PHQ) in Allahabad from where it would have been forwarded to the state government for issuing a notification. According to proposal sent to PHQ by the DGP office, new police stations have been proposed for Ramgarh Tal in Gorakhpur, Mahuwadih and Bariarpur in Deoria, Bhitauli and Sinduriya in Maharajganj, Kudraha and Maharajganj in Basti, Dumariyaganj, Gaura and Balpur in Gonda, Shreeduttganj and Gaindasbujrug in Balrampur, Belhar Kala, Pili, Lohraiya, Kali Jagdishpur, Kante in Sant Kabir Nagar, Chaurakhas and Pakdiyar in Kushinagar, Bewahi and Materna in Bahraich, Baurdpur and Badhani in Siddharthnagar and Hardutt Nagargirant in Sharawasti.
At present, the state has 1463 police stations and DGP office sources revealed that 1428 more police stations were required to meet the law and order requirement. Sources said that the DGP office plans to overcome the staff shortage within next 10 year by opening 150 new police stations
- Controversy erupts over iPhone gift to K’taka MPs 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Soil ramps made for safe passage of elephants along ‘killer track’ in Rajaji Tiger Reserve 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- MTNL underground cables cut, stolen from Okhla Exchange 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Trawlers capsize in Bay of Bengal, 19 fishermen missing 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- INBRIEF 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Munde: Sugar firm dupes farmers, banks of `5.5K 18 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- WCD Ministry to amend JJ Act 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Hike in power bill likely in UP as UPPCL installs FGDs in plants 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- To tide over milk shortage, Maha brings 5.28L litres daily from Guj 18 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Killer should have been caught alive: Victim’s father 18 Jul 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...