- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
9 killed, 7 injured in landslides in Manipur
At least nine people, including eight minors, were killed and seven others were injured in three separate incidents of landslides in Manipur’s Tamenglong district in the wee hours on Thursday.
Police said that incessant rain for last several hours triggered landslides at several areas in Tamenglong district on Thursday morning, leading to collapse of several houses. While seven bodies of the deceased have been recovered, operations are on to retrieve the bodies of two other victims.“Five children of one family were killed after the house they live in collapse at New Salem area in Tamenglong town,” police said adding that in another incident in Neigailuang area two children of a family were carried away by muddy water when the family was sleeping.“In the third incident, a mother-son duo was killed when their house was swept away,” police said adding that seven other people have also been injured during the landslides.
“Security personnel and the locals were carrying out rescue operations on a war-footing. A total of 13 houses were destroyed in the incidents. We have opened relief camps for the affected families and relief provided to the inmates,” said a senior district administration official while talking to The Pioneer today.
- Punjab must be developed as special industrial zone: Jakhar 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Over 13,500 infant deaths in 11 months: Maha Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos test-fire successful 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- BIMARU States top in non/partially-immunised children: UN agencies 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Now, India not in Fragile Five: Modi 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Govt to rope in engineers, scientists to explore scientific validation of AYUSH 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI takes custody of journalist Upendra Rai in extortion, corruption case 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI chargesheets Farooq, 3 others for alleged irregularities in JKCA 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP to re-introduce anticipatory bail in modified form 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...