Absconding IAS officer Nirmala surrenders before Rajasthan ACB
Absconding IAS officer Nirmala Meena surrendered before the ACB on Wednesday after the Supreme Court rejected her anticipatory bail plea on May 10.
The then District Supply Officer (DSO) of Jodhpur, Meena had been suspended after the Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) had registered a case of alleged irregularities in distribution of wheat. DIG (ACB) Ajaypal Lamba said Meena had been arrested and will be quizzed soon. Her successive anticipatory bail applications had been rejected by various courts.
Meena was wanted for alleged irregularities in the distribution of 35,000 quintal wheat meant for below poverty line (BPL) families. She allegedly sold the wheat to private flour mills as the DSO, Jodhpur in March 2016. According to Anti-Corruption Bureau, it was a scam of nearly Rs 8 crore
After an investigation, the ACB had registered an FIR against her.
Besides the case, the ACB had also registered a separate FIR against the suspended IAS officer and her husband Pawan Mittal for allegedly possessing assets disproportionate to the known sources of income.
During the investigation by the ACB, the couple had been found in possession of 19 immovable assets, which were said to have been amassed by them in past 10 years.
- When Vajpayee asked for pajamas at public meeting 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- ‘Atal made path-breaking contributions to Sino-India ties’ 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- No change of guard ceremony today: Rashtrapati Bhavan 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India’s Chef de Mission pays tribute 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ex-PM started out as an MP from Balrampur 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Pak interim Law Min meets Sushma, condoles demise 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- SAARC leaders, including Pak, turn up at funeral 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Inshort 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Centre announces new freight corridor between Kharagpur, Vijayawada 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Rain brightens chance of filling Srisailam dam 18 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Five years after the renowned rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Pune, the CBI on Saturday arrested one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly pulled the trigger. Identiying the arrested person as one Sachin Prakashrao Andure from Aurangabad, a senior official said that Andure was one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly shot Dr Dabholkar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...