Accused plead not guilty, ask for narco analysis test
On day one of the trial in the Kathua rape and murder case of a nomadic girl all accused persons pleaded not guilty before the District and sessions judge and in voice volunteered to undergo Narco Analysis test to prove their innocence.
Earlier, the seven out of 8 accused persons were brought under tight security arrangements to the court complex. A juvenile was not produced before the court on Monday.
Soon after the court proceedings went underway the District and Sessions Judge was apprised by the counsel of the accused that none of his clients were handed over copy of the challan by the Crime Branch.
At this stage the Judge directed the Crime Branch to handover the copies of the chargesheet to the accused by Tuesday and also fixed the next date of hearing on April 28 in the case.
Appearing on behalf of the five accused persons Advocate Ankur Sharma told media persons outside the court, “7 out of 8 accused persons on Monday in one voice demanded Narco Analysis test to prove their innocence”.
He said they believed that they have been wrongly implicated by the Crime branch team in the rape and murder case of a minor girl and want to adopt all possible means available under law to prove their innocence.
In a related development daughter of one of the accused Sanji Ram, perceived as mastermind behind the rape and murder case by the Crime Branch team, Monday reiterated her demand for a thorough CBI probe in the matter.
In an emotional outburst in the court premises she accused the national media for silencing her voice and not presenting the other side of the picture.
She pointed fingers towards woman lawyer Deepika Singh Rajawant and Talib Hussain for spreading wrong information for their own vested interest.
- 6 of family found dead in J'khand, suicide notes recovered 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Monsoon Session: Opp leaders to plan strategy 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Rajnath visits B’desh founder’s memorial 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Sarpanch killed 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 2 jawans martyred in gunbattle with Naxals 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 30-yr-old delivers twins on train near Mumbai 16 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- UP woman burnt in temple after gangrape 16 Jul 2018 | PNS
- 31-year-old imposter arrested in Coimbatore college mock drill death 16 Jul 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Over 40K classrooms turn hi-tech in Kerala 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- UP police to strengthen ‘anti-Romeo squads’ to prevent eve-teasing 16 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | PNS | Indore
Hitting back at Congress leader Kamal Nath for writing to Lord Shiva to seek an end to the misrule in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said such shallow tactics have caused the opposition party's downfall. "My friend in the Congress is opposing (us) for no reason...