- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Amid reports of merger of factions in AIADMK, Palaniswami meets PM
Amid reports over the merger of the two factions of the AIADMK in Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Friday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi, maintaining that he only discussed exempting the State from the purview of all-India NEET exam.
Palaniswami “reiterated the request of exemption from NEET for Tamil Nadu”, a brief official release from CM’s office said. Accompanied by Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker M Thambidurai, the Chief Minister called on Modi at the office of the Prime Minister in Parliament House, the release added. Stalled negotiations on the merger of two AIADMK factions picked up again few days ago.
In Chennai, on Thursday, at the meeting presided over by Palaniswami, party questioned the appointment of TTV Dhinakaran as AIADMK’s deputy general secretary.
- Punjab must be developed as special industrial zone: Jakhar 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Over 13,500 infant deaths in 11 months: Maha Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos test-fire successful 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- BIMARU States top in non/partially-immunised children: UN agencies 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Now, India not in Fragile Five: Modi 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Govt to rope in engineers, scientists to explore scientific validation of AYUSH 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI takes custody of journalist Upendra Rai in extortion, corruption case 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI chargesheets Farooq, 3 others for alleged irregularities in JKCA 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP to re-introduce anticipatory bail in modified form 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...