- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Assam raises special force to protect one-horned rhinos
Assam has raised a separate force for protection of the one-horned rhinos.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal gave away appointment letters to 90 youths—carefully selected mostly from the fringe areas of Kaziranga National Park—who will form the crux of Special Rhino Protection Force (SRPF).
The Government of Assam has decided to raise Special Rhino Protection Force using the local youth hailing from the fringe areas of the Kaziranga National Park. The force would be exclusively used for Kaziranga National Park, Orang National Park and Manas National Park—the three main rhino habitats of the state.
“Strengthening the forest protection mechanism by regular appointments and imparting technical training to employees are essential for sustainable management of forest and environment conservation. Recruitment of the 90 youth as constables through rigorous recruitment process will help in adding teeth to our efforts of rhino protection,” said the Chief Minister while addressing the new appointees today.
“Protecting rhinos along with other wild lives are our commitment and raising the Special Force is a step towards protecting our rhinos from the scourge of poaching,” he said adding that the newly recruited constables should maintain constant liaison with the higher ups of the security mechanism of Kaziranga National Park to form a formidable team for the protection of wild lives.
He said that the Government has devised a well laid out mechanism for their training, using latest technology to the appointees for their capacity building. Sonowal also urged them to develop a spirit of discipline, punctuality, dutifulness and commitment to take the protection measure altogether to a great height.
He said that in recognition to their duty towards rhino protection, the forces from Special Rhino Protection Force would be given awards.
Sonowal said that the government has formed fast track courts to bring the perpetrators of wild life crime to justice.
He also said that the newly raised Special Rhino Protection Force would be a new face of the State government’s efforts towards protection of wild lives in the state especially rhinos.
He at the same time assured all government assistance in empowering Special Rhino Protection Force to help them to live up to their mandate.
- Punjab must be developed as special industrial zone: Jakhar 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Over 13,500 infant deaths in 11 months: Maha Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos test-fire successful 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- BIMARU States top in non/partially-immunised children: UN agencies 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Now, India not in Fragile Five: Modi 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Govt to rope in engineers, scientists to explore scientific validation of AYUSH 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI takes custody of journalist Upendra Rai in extortion, corruption case 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI chargesheets Farooq, 3 others for alleged irregularities in JKCA 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP to re-introduce anticipatory bail in modified form 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...