- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Bajrangi’s relative demands police remand of Sunil Rathi for questioning
While Baghpat police or the judicial magisterial yet to make any breakthrough in the murder of east UP ganglord Munna Bajrangi, the probe team hardly made any effort to get accused Sunil Rathi in custody remand to grill him to extract the sequence of events.
“When circumstantial evidences suggested several loopholes in the confession of Rathi for eliminating Bajrangi, why did the Baghpat police probing the murder not apply for his custody remand?” questioned a kin of the slain ganglord.
He alleged that the police and the higher authorities were aware of the entire plan and about its execution but since they want to conceal the truth, hence they lapped up Rathi’s theory.
“There is contradiction between Rathi’s claim that he snatched the pistol from Bajrangi, fired at him and later threw it in the gutter,” he said while citing that the autopsy report confirmed that Bajrangi was shot after he was dead.
“Authorities must take Rathi in the custody remand and extract who else wasre present at the scene at the time of killing and who was behind the sinister plan executed by him (Rathi)”, the kin demanded.
He also said that they feared that justice will not be delivered by the probe conducted under State Government’s supervision and if Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath wanted to punish the culprits, then he must recommend a CBI probe.
Slain gangster Munna Bajrangi’s wife Renu Singh had earlier demanded a CBI probe into the killing alleging the role of a Union Minister, a former MP and others in the sensational killing of her husband inside Baghpat district jail on July 9.
- NGOs to create database on poaching, illegal trade 19 Jul 2018 | Archana Jyoti
- TDP isolated on disruption, parties want RS to function 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- PVR Nest launches Eco Grants 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Centre likely to fix MSP for milk 19 Jul 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- Rajya Sabha gets off to a smooth start 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Govt OK’s Rs 13,000 cr package for Maha 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- LS scraps no-detention policy in Class V, VIII 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- 3 sisters raped for months by 5; prime accused arrested 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 18-year-old girl killed by father for tryst with lover on phone 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Such move will only encourage ‘rape’ culture: Mehbooba 19 Jul 2018 | Mohit Kandhari
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...