- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Barapullah flyover set to open by July end finally
After missing a number of deadlines, the phase two of Barapullah elevated corridor between Sarai Kale Khan and INA Market at Aurobindo Marg is all set to open by the month-end, an officer said on Wednesday.
The phase II of the six-lane signal-free route was delayed as the Railways was doing some work at Sewa Nagar crossing which was completed in June, a Public Work Department officer told IANS.
"The work by the PWD is now complete and the roads will become functional after a formal inauguration which will happen by July-end," the officer said.
"The stretch will help in reducing traffic congestion on Ring Road, Bhairon Road and Mathura Road-Ashram intersection and Jangpura Road over-bridge," he said.
The work on the phase two of the flyover, sanctioned in 2012 and started a year later, was initially slated to be completed by 2015. The deadline was extended to September 2017, December 2017 and then to March 2018. It also missed its June 2018 deadline.
The flyover will not only connect east and south Delhi but will also help commuters from east Delhi, Ghaziabad and Noida to reach AIIMS and Safdarjung hospitals in lesser time.
The first phase starting from Sarai Kale Khan to Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is already operational along with two connectivities with Lala Lajpat Rai Marg.
The 4-km first phase of the elevated road over Barapullah Nallah connected Sarai Kale Khan and JLN Stadium. The extended 2-km second phase will connect Jawaharlal Nehru (JLN) Stadium and INA market.
The third phase of the corridor to Mayur Vihar is under construction and is yet to get a new deadline after missing its October 2017 completion date.
Once the 3.5km stretch phase three is completed, the travel time between Mayur Vihar to South Delhi will reduce to 15-20 minutes which now takes more than an hour. It will also reduce the travel time of east Delhi commuters to the airport.
- Controversy erupts over iPhone gift to K’taka MPs 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Soil ramps made for safe passage of elephants along ‘killer track’ in Rajaji Tiger Reserve 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- MTNL underground cables cut, stolen from Okhla Exchange 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Trawlers capsize in Bay of Bengal, 19 fishermen missing 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- INBRIEF 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Munde: Sugar firm dupes farmers, banks of `5.5K 18 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- WCD Ministry to amend JJ Act 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Hike in power bill likely in UP as UPPCL installs FGDs in plants 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- To tide over milk shortage, Maha brings 5.28L litres daily from Guj 18 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Killer should have been caught alive: Victim’s father 18 Jul 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...