Bhagwat's Army remark insulting, says Mayawati
Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati on Tuesday lambasted Rastriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat for comparing Sangh activists with Army jawans fighting on the borders.
She said the comparison made by the RSS chief between the Army and the Sangh is “disturbing and insulting”.
Bhagwat has come in for criticism from Opposition parties for remarks that the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) had the ability to fight for the country with three days' training if needed, while the Army would take 6-7 months to ready troops.
In a statement issued in Lucknow on Tuesday, the BSP chief said, "The comparison made between Army and RSS swayamsevaks (volunteers) by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is indeed disturbing and insulting."
Maywati added, "If Bhagwat has so much faith in his militant swayamsevaks, then why are special commandos engaged in his security at the government's expenses?"
The BSP chief said that at a time when the army is facing different types of challenges, the statement made by the RSS chief lowers the morale of the force.
Mayawati demanded that Bhagwat tender an apology to the country for his "wrong" statement.
- Rlys revised timetable: Many new niche trains on cards 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- SC to hear TN’s plea against NGT order giving Vedanta access to Tuticorin plant 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee fall due to economic mismanagement of Modi Govt, alleges Congress 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong dares PM to dissolve LS 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Tight security in Kashmir ahead of I-Day 15 Aug 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Mamata raises NRC again, calls RSS for terror outfit 15 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Madras High Court orders CBI enquiry 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Stalin era begins in DMK 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- BJP to launch enrolment campaign in Gujarat today 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong uses BJP’s ‘Beti Bachao’ slogan against Rajen Gohain 15 Aug 2018 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...