- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Bihar first State to apply e-prison scheme
Bihar will become the first State to computerise all its jails under e-prison project and it will be inaugurated on Wednesday by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Under this project, all the 55 prisons in Bihar will go paperless and the entire record of prisoners, jail officials and personnel will be computerised. Not only this even the records and data of the visitors to jail inmates have to be saved in computers. In 2013 Beur central jail in Patna had been computerised on pilot basis and after its success the Enterprises Resource Planning (ERP) is going to be launched in all the jails. The Government has already made appointment on 507 newly created posts.
“Bihar is the first State to implement ERP system. This will facilitate smooth and quick functioning,” said IG Prison Anand Kishore. Under this system, the data of all the prisoners in all the jails, their photo, finger prints and voice records will be maintained. On one click the record of any prisoner in lodged any jail could be accessed from any jail. These details could also be accessed online.
The prison management will have records of the cases of all prisoners, their appearance in the court and dates of next appearance, their wages and hospitalisation details apart from the arms and ammunitions with the jail guards. Officials said that with the implementation of the prison management crime would also be checked. The voice records of the prisoners would help in identifying the voices in case of allegation that threat calls had been made from inside the jail. The complaints that the jail visitors smuggle goods which are not allowed and pass on to the inmates are very common. Sometimes even arms are smuggled in.
There is no dearth of gangsters lodged in jail but running their gangs by issuing instructions to their gang members on mobile phones. Police and jail officials detected many such incidents in which jail inmates were suspected to be threatening their targets on phones or demanding ransom. The officials said with the help of ERP and prison management the prison authorities would be able to check this menace. Several jails have set up phone jammers but the system did not prove very effective.
- 6 of family found dead in J'khand, suicide notes recovered 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Monsoon Session: Opp leaders to plan strategy 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Rajnath visits B’desh founder’s memorial 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Sarpanch killed 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 2 jawans martyred in gunbattle with Naxals 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 30-yr-old delivers twins on train near Mumbai 16 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- UP woman burnt in temple after gangrape 16 Jul 2018 | PNS
- 31-year-old imposter arrested in Coimbatore college mock drill death 16 Jul 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Over 40K classrooms turn hi-tech in Kerala 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- UP police to strengthen ‘anti-Romeo squads’ to prevent eve-teasing 16 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | New Delhi
Branching off the main Delhi-Chandigarh-Shimla highway on National Highway 22, which some still call by its earlier name of Hindustan-Tibet Road, are three quaint hill stations—Kasauli, Dagshai and Subathu—all military cantonments, which you cannot miss if you are a travel enthusiast. The charm of long leisurely walks, chirping of all varieties of colorful birds, smell of wild and exotic flowers, the fresh coat of green on leaves when it rains, the...