BJP IT experts to train party MPs in new media
With Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking party leaders to focus on voters in social media, over four dozen men from the BJP IT cell would make party MPs in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha tech savvy and enhance their skills in the use of different apps, including the NaMo App.
There would be around 52 IT men from the BJP who would be training 276 Lok Sabha and 57 Rajya Sabha MPs on use of social media and Namo App.
The Prime Minister is a big votary of Facebook, Twitter and other social interactive media and sought that every party MP should have substantial following in it and should also know how to effectively communicate on different applications.
At one of the BJP parliamentary meetings, Modi reportedly said very few MPs respond to his morning greeting on the NaMo App - a mobile phone application designed to disseminate information about the functioning of the Government and the programmes of the Prime Minister. NaMo App is a platform where Prime Minister connects with the citizens who seek to give ideas to or interact with Modi.
The Prime Minster is a tech-savvy leader and a big promoter of e-governance . Within two months of assuming prime ministership, he had launched the ambitious MyGov project. His App provides updates on the day-to-day activities of the Prime Minister. It presents an opportunity to receive messages and emails directly from Modi. There is also an option to contribute and earn 'badges' through to-do tasks in various social initiatives. Through his app, one can tune-in and listen to the various episodes of 'Mann ki Baat', read the Prime Minister's blogs, and get to know more about him from his Biography section.
Apart from this app, Modi is also very much active on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and is one of the most followed global leaders on Twitter.
BJP IT men would particularly enhance party MPs' skills to its comprehensive use and spread awareness about Government policies and programmes.
- Rlys revised timetable: Many new niche trains on cards 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- SC to hear TN’s plea against NGT order giving Vedanta access to Tuticorin plant 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee fall due to economic mismanagement of Modi Govt, alleges Congress 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong dares PM to dissolve LS 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Tight security in Kashmir ahead of I-Day 15 Aug 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Mamata raises NRC again, calls RSS for terror outfit 15 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Madras High Court orders CBI enquiry 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Stalin era begins in DMK 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- BJP to launch enrolment campaign in Gujarat today 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong uses BJP’s ‘Beti Bachao’ slogan against Rajen Gohain 15 Aug 2018 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...