CBI registers 4 more cases
The CBI has registered four more cases against eight persons in connection with the Srijan scam worth Rs 800 crore involving a Bhagalpur NGO that allegedly pilfered funds meant for Government welfare schemes.
According to the CBI FIR, the first case is against NGO Srijan Mahila Vikas Sahyog Samiti Ltd president Shubhlaxmi Prasad and nine other office-bearers of the organisation. The case was registered on Tuesday.
In the second case, the agency has booked the former senior branch manager of the Bank of Baroda, Bhagalpur, its cashier, former District Welfare Officer Arun Kumar, Srijan’s cashier, its other employees and unknown others.
In the third case the agency booked the current manager of Bank of Baroda’s Bhagalpur branch, then branch manager of Indian Bank and all office-bearers of Srijan.
And in the fourth case, it named the then Land Acquisition Officer of Bihar's Banka district, all office-bearers of Srijan and the then branch managers of the Indian Bank and the Bank of Baroda.
The agency has booked all the office bearers of the NGO 'Srijan Mahila Vikas Sahyog Samiti' in these cases along with the then branch managers of Indian Bank, Bank of Baroda, besides land acquisition officer, Banka, Bihar, the CBI officials said.
President of Srijan Shubhlaxmi Prasad and nine other office-bearers of the voluntary group have been named in one of the FIRs, they said.
The agency had last year registered 10 FIRs in connection with the case. It is alleged that the group which was working towards imparting training to women had pilfered government funds to the tune of over Rs 800 crore in connivance with the bank officials and state government officials between 2003 and 2014.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had on August 18, 2017, recommended the CBI to probe the Srijan scam, after RJD chief Lalu Prasad accused him of “murdering democracy” in Bihar.
- Rlys revised timetable: Many new niche trains on cards 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- SC to hear TN’s plea against NGT order giving Vedanta access to Tuticorin plant 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee fall due to economic mismanagement of Modi Govt, alleges Congress 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong dares PM to dissolve LS 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Tight security in Kashmir ahead of I-Day 15 Aug 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Mamata raises NRC again, calls RSS for terror outfit 15 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Madras High Court orders CBI enquiry 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Stalin era begins in DMK 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- BJP to launch enrolment campaign in Gujarat today 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong uses BJP’s ‘Beti Bachao’ slogan against Rajen Gohain 15 Aug 2018 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...