Deepika’s residential building catches fire; actress safe
Bollywood went into a tizzy late on Wednesday afternoon, as the news of a major fire having broken out in the top floors of a 34-storey building “Beaumonde Towers” where B-town’s reigning actress Deepika Padukone lives, spread. However, two hours later, Deepika declared: “I am safe”. And at the end of five-hour-long dousing operation, the fire fighters controlled the blaze and rescued 90-odd residents safely.
In the fourth blaze witnessed in the metropolis since early this month, none of the residents suffered any injury. However, at least two firemen suffered from suffocation in the fire-fighting operations and were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The fire was detected in the 32nd and 33 floors of the sky-crapper located at Prabhadevi in north-central Mumbai. Before long, thick black clouds began billowing out from the top floors of the upmarket building. Simultaneously, the fire spread to the left of the tower which was constructed by a reputed developer in 2012.
“Beaumonde Towers”, where — apart from Deepika — top share brokers Anand Rathi and Amisha Vora, business and glamour world personalities live, witnessed a high drama as the residents in the B-wing of the building were alerted by the cries of the residents in the building’s C-wing.
- Dabholkar murder case: Sharpshooter Andhure sent to CBI custody till Aug 26 20 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Rahul may talk to Mamata 20 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Hardik held ahead of protest over fast venue 20 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Nine Pakistanis arrested by Coast Guard off Kutch coast 20 Aug 2018 | PNS
- After Srisailam chance of Nagarjuna Sagar getting filled up brightens 20 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq
- Panel set up to probe Gujarat groundnut scam 20 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Bihar shelter home: FIR filed against ex-Min under Arms Act 20 Aug 2018 | Faizan Ahmad
- J&K Home dept groping in dark 20 Aug 2018 | Mohit Kandhari
- Maha man held for siphoning off PDS rice, wheat 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- KCR may dissolve Assembly next month: TPCC Chief 20 Aug 2018 | Prof RSS MANI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
To mark the occasion of ‘World Photography Day’, members of Jharkhand Photographic Association organized photo-walk and on the spot photography contest on Sunday. The photographers captured the scenic beauty of Ghahari Dham located in Lapung block...