Elderly in Guj to get healthcare services on doorstep
With a view to facilitate senior citizens, the Gujarat Government has launched a unique health plan for elderly in the State, wherein the elderly would get access to primary health monitoring at their doorsteps.
Explaining about the initiative Gujarat’s deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel said that those above 70-years in age would need to get themselves registered with government hospital by paying a token amount of Rs 1000 and they would be provided all the basic health facilities at their doorsteps.
As part of the project, a team consisting of a doctor, staff nurse and an attendant, would visit the elderly every fortnight at their homes for routine check up and provide them consultancy for better health practices.
According to Patel the team would also carry all the requisite equipment with them and if required, they would provide primary treatment and also carry out primary health checkups, including monitoring Blood Pressure, ECG etc.
The team would also maintain history of the elderly by way of a health card issued to them. A token fee of Rs 200 would be charged for every such visit and in the beginning the project is being launched in Gandhinagar area as a pilot, before being rolled out across the State.
- When Vajpayee asked for pajamas at public meeting 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- ‘Atal made path-breaking contributions to Sino-India ties’ 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- No change of guard ceremony today: Rashtrapati Bhavan 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India’s Chef de Mission pays tribute 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ex-PM started out as an MP from Balrampur 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Pak interim Law Min meets Sushma, condoles demise 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- SAARC leaders, including Pak, turn up at funeral 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Inshort 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Centre announces new freight corridor between Kharagpur, Vijayawada 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Rain brightens chance of filling Srisailam dam 18 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Five years after the renowned rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Pune, the CBI on Saturday arrested one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly pulled the trigger. Identiying the arrested person as one Sachin Prakashrao Andure from Aurangabad, a senior official said that Andure was one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly shot Dr Dabholkar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...