Girl files plaint against Muslim husband
In a case fit into the term ‘Love Jihad’ coined by several organisations, a Hindu girl, who married in South Gujarat town Vapi, filed a complaint against his Muslim husband and in-laws for forcing to change her faith.
After falling in love with Imaran, the girl got married him in March 2016 in Surat and in February 2017 they shifted to Vapi where she gave birth to a child.
According to complainant, her husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law and other relatives of Imaran used to force her not only to change her faith but also put pressure to eat meat and fish which she never had in entire life.
‘‘When I denied accepting their religion and food, they started harassing me physically as well as mentally. Finally, I decided to leave their home and went to my parents’ place along with the child, said the complainant.On the basis of the complaint, the police has filed a case against her husband and five others and initiated investigation.
- Terrorists hurl grenade on police post in Sopore 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Agnivesh attack: Police say no arrest yet 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Man booked for 'rape' for making daughter-in-law to undergo ‘halala' with him 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India, ASEAN cooperation will be key facilitator for growth of Indo-Pacific: MEA 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Indian woman among 3 killed as two training aircraft collide midair in US 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Cong is ‘deceitful' party, those allying with it invite doom, says Chouhan 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- JNU student fined `10,000 for raising slogans 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Ukraine seeks India's help in probing deal to supply AN-32 spares to IAF 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- CAG examining Rs 58K crore Rafale fighter jet deal, says Govt 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Patna HC admits Tejashwi's petition challenging order to vacate bungalow 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...