- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Govt to expedite strategic projects’ green clearance
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said the Government will expedite forest and environmental clearance issues that bog down strategic projects and that relaxations will be obtained to facilitate completion of projects in national interest.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has also laid emphasis on the subject, Rajnath Singh said at the inauguration of 43rd Annual Day function of the MES Builders Association of India here.
Military Engineer Services (MES) is one of the largest government construction agencies in India and provides works cover to Army, Navy and Air Force. It has a large number of units and sub units spread across the entire country.
"The government will expedite forest and environmental clearance issues which still continue to dog such strategic projects. The relaxations will be obtained to facilitate completion of projects in national interest," Rajnath Singh said.
He also said the government has embarked upon a five year ambitious project during 2017-2022 worth over "seven lakh crore rupees to build road infrastructure".
"The project includes more than 2,000 km border roads," the Minister said.
He also highlighted the importance of Private-Public Partnership model, saying "it would be crucial to create strategic infrastructure in the country".
Pointing out that e-tendering process has led to transparency, he said quality delivery of the projects will be paramount.
The Minister also called upon the paramilitary forces and armed forces for better coordination on the creation of border infrastructure.
"For the first time in India's history, this government has continued to roll out economic reforms even while the economic situation in the country has remained comfortable; normally the previous governments were compelled on the path of reforms after landing in dire financial position," he said.
- Punjab must be developed as special industrial zone: Jakhar 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Over 13,500 infant deaths in 11 months: Maha Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos test-fire successful 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- BIMARU States top in non/partially-immunised children: UN agencies 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Now, India not in Fragile Five: Modi 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Govt to rope in engineers, scientists to explore scientific validation of AYUSH 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI takes custody of journalist Upendra Rai in extortion, corruption case 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- CBI chargesheets Farooq, 3 others for alleged irregularities in JKCA 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP to re-introduce anticipatory bail in modified form 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...