- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Guj Govt announces 50% price cut on GIDC’s industrial plot
In order to encourage small businesses, the Gujarat Government on Wednesday announced 50 per cent reduction in price of industrial plots owned by Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC).
The decision was taken in the weekly Cabinet meeting of Vijay Rupani Government. The plots to be allocated under the GIDC industrial estates having a size of up to 3,000 square meters will be charged 50 per cent less than its original cost, said Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel adding that the plots higher than 3000 sq mt will be sold at normal rates.
According to Patel the decision is aimed at creating employment through entrepreneurship and supporting small and medium businesses by providing cheaper plots in the industrial estates. The initiative would help developing ancillary industries in the State, he added.
GIDC is the nodal agency to develop industrial estates in the State and facilitate industrial development. The state government sells industrial land to GIDC, which develops the estates, makes the plotting and sells the plots to the industries. As per the current practice, in some cases, GIDC had to pay more prices for the land due to higher market prices. This resulted into costlier plots for the small businesses.
- UP Cong to protest against BJP Govts over law and order 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC asks Committee chief to explore possibility to compensate victims 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Irrigation scheme not running at full utilisation: CAG report 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC stays Madras HC order giving 196 marks to NEET students 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP Govt to set flood relief camp in affected districts 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UPPCL to set up special cell to bring down line losses 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Woman alleges rape by 40 men for 4 days, 3 held 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EC junks Cong 60L fake MP voter ID claim 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Transporters go on indefinite agitation for various demands 21 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Senior BJP leader shot in Rae Bareli 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...