Gujarat MLA gets life term in murder case
BJP MLA from Gondal assembly constituency in Rajkot district was sentenced to life term by Gujarat High Court in a murder case on Friday.
The bench of Justice Akil Kureshi and Justice B N Biren Vaishnav gave the verdict against Jadeja and two of his associates Amarjitsinh Jadeja and Mahendrasinh Rana. The court has ordered all the three accused to surrender before the police before the beginning of October.
With this development Jadeja could be disqualified as a legislator unless he gets relief from Supreme Court going forward. Jadeja first became Gondal legislator on a BJP ticket in 1998 and then in 2002. In 2012, he even defeated now BJP office-bearer and former home minister Gordhan Zhadaphia to win Gondal seat. Zhadaphia had contested the seat as candidate from Gujarat Parivartan Party founded by former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel.
As a result of political rivalry Jadeja had allegedly killed Nilesh Raiyani in the year 2004 by firing from point blank range. Raiyani and Jadeja were political rivals within same party, who were locked in a dispute over a 35-acre land of erstwhile royal family of Gondal. The trouble began when a guy named Vikramsinh Rana, a close aide of Jadeja, was killed in 2003 over disputed land. The allegations were that faction of Vinu Shingara, who also happened to be district BJP Yuva Morcha president, was involved in this murder. Later in 2004, Vinu Shingara too got murdered. It was alleged that Jadeja was involved with this murder. However, Jadeja was acquitted in the case. Raiyani was close aide of Shigara and hence he too was eliminated.
- UP Cong to protest against BJP Govts over law and order 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC asks Committee chief to explore possibility to compensate victims 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Irrigation scheme not running at full utilisation: CAG report 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC stays Madras HC order giving 196 marks to NEET students 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP Govt to set flood relief camp in affected districts 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UPPCL to set up special cell to bring down line losses 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Woman alleges rape by 40 men for 4 days, 3 held 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EC junks Cong 60L fake MP voter ID claim 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Transporters go on indefinite agitation for various demands 21 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Senior BJP leader shot in Rae Bareli 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...