- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
‘Hand-chopped Prof proof of jehadi menace in Kerala’
Retired college professor TJ Joseph, whose right hand was chopped off by Islamists in 2010 for allegedly blaspheming Prophet Muhammad through a question paper for students, is a living proof of the active presence of jehadis in Kerala, State BJP chief Kummanam Rajasekharan has said.
Talking to mediapersons after visiting the retired professor at his house in Muvattupuzha in Ernakulam district on Thursday, Kummanam, who is captaining the BJP’s ongoing Jana Raksha Yatra, said the two main political fronts in Kerala — CPI(M)-led LDF and Congress-headed UDF — that had been ruling the State alternately had failed in providing justice to Joseph.
“State CPI(M) secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan suspects whether there are any Jehadis in Kerala. The experience of Joseph is the answer to his doubt,” Kummanam, who met Joseph at his house when the party’s all-Kerala Yatra against Jehadi and Red terror reached Muvattupuzha en route to Kottayam district.
A gang of activists of the SDPI, political wing of Islamist outfit Popular Front of India had chopped off the right of Joseph, who was then Malayalam professor at the Church-run Newman College in Thodupuzha, in an attack when he was returning home after Sunday Mass from a local church in Muvattupuzha with his mother and sister on July 4, 2010.
The Islamists had attacked the professor by blocking his car with the van they had arrived in and after creating a scene of terror with explosions. They had unleashed the terror in front of his mother and sister for allegedly blaspheming Prophet Muhammad in a question paper he had set for the students of his college.
According to the BJP leader who said the Governments in Kerala had failed in catching the main culprit behind the attack, the forces that had attacked the professor and those behind the alleged efforts to take Akhila, the Hindu woman who became Hadia after embracing Islam, to Islamic State camps in Syria were the same.
“Kerala has already become a haven of Jehadis. The Government and the police have informed the court that Love Jehad is a reality and this is being carried out under the leadership of the Popular Front. Still, the LDF Government of Marxist Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan provided all help to it for holding its conference recently,” Kummanam said.
The Jana Raksha Yatra, flagged off by BJP chief Amit Shah on October 3 at Payyannur, Kannur, toured through Kottayam district on Thursday after covering Kannur, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrissur and Ernakulam district.
The Yatra will conclude at Thiruvananthapuram on October 17 after covering 11 of the 14 districts in the State.
- UP Cong to protest against BJP Govts over law and order 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC asks Committee chief to explore possibility to compensate victims 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Irrigation scheme not running at full utilisation: CAG report 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC stays Madras HC order giving 196 marks to NEET students 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP Govt to set flood relief camp in affected districts 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UPPCL to set up special cell to bring down line losses 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Woman alleges rape by 40 men for 4 days, 3 held 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EC junks Cong 60L fake MP voter ID claim 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Transporters go on indefinite agitation for various demands 21 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Senior BJP leader shot in Rae Bareli 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...