Jointly grill Mukul, me: Ghosh to CBI
A day after Mukul Roy resigned from Trinamool Congress which he co-founded with Mamata Banerjee, a new character made a dramatic entry into the ongoing high-pitch political drama in Bengal laying into the former Railway Minister for absolving himself and the Chief Minister from chit fund charges.
Alleging that Roy was one of those who had influenced the course of chit fund probe in multi-crore Saradha case suspended TMC MP Kunal Ghosh on Thursday asked the CBI to jointly interrogate him and Roy to dig up many hidden facts.
“The course of interrogation has been influenced in the Saradha case and Mukul Roy is of those persons who did it. If I, Kunal Ghosh had to spend years in jail why not other co-accused persons,” Ghosh said “disbelieving” Roy’s statement that Banerjee and himself were not aware of the scam taking place.
“Do you want me to believe that the general secretary of a party was unaware of the scam in which so many leaders were involved” Ghosh said adding, “I have already written to the CBI for jointly interrogating Mukul Roy and myself and watch how many facts tumble out.”
He said “if Roy is not associated with chit fund then nobody is,” asking what one of the main accused Rajat Majumdar a former DG, Police did in Roy’s official residence at Nizam Palace in Kolkata. “Before going to jail Rajat Majumdar had only two places to go, the Sharada office and Mukul Roy’s residence at Nizam Palace,” he said.
- Terrorists hurl grenade on police post in Sopore 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Agnivesh attack: Police say no arrest yet 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Man booked for 'rape' for making daughter-in-law to undergo ‘halala' with him 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India, ASEAN cooperation will be key facilitator for growth of Indo-Pacific: MEA 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Indian woman among 3 killed as two training aircraft collide midair in US 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Cong is ‘deceitful' party, those allying with it invite doom, says Chouhan 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- JNU student fined `10,000 for raising slogans 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Ukraine seeks India's help in probing deal to supply AN-32 spares to IAF 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- CAG examining Rs 58K crore Rafale fighter jet deal, says Govt 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Patna HC admits Tejashwi's petition challenging order to vacate bungalow 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...