KCR silent over hung result
While different political parties in Telangana were busy drawing their own lessons or inspiration from the election outcome in next door Karnataka, Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao was conspicuously silent though he had openly supported the Janata Dal Secular of Deve Gowda in the polls.
The dramatic change in the political situation of Karnataka by Tuesday evening due to BJP's failure in securing a clear majority came as a dampener of sorts for Telangana BJP's premature celebrations.
For the ruling TRS on the other hand the hung result had a mixed basket of messages and neither the Chief Minister KCR nor his son K Taraka Rama Rao found it convenient to offer any comment. The Karnataka Assembly poll was significant for KCR in the context of his idea of Federal Front and his frantic efforts to bring non BJP non Congress parties together. TRS sources said that KCR was now trying to understand what the final outcome in Bengaluru means for his national plans.
A senior TRS leader said that the result had vindicated the stand of KCR in support of JDS. But on the other hand the TRS was also disappointed by the fact that not only JDS came third behind BJP and Congress with mere 38 seats but it went on the join hands with its bête noire Congress to form a post poll alliance. More or less like the BJP, KCR was also visualising a "Congress Mukt" or Congress free political formation by urging the other regional parties to think of a future without any national party. This runs contrary to the position of other regional leaders like West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerji and DMK's MK Stalin who believe that only a Front which includes Congress will be able to defeat the BJP at national level and provide a stable alternative.
- When Vajpayee asked for pajamas at public meeting 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- ‘Atal made path-breaking contributions to Sino-India ties’ 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- No change of guard ceremony today: Rashtrapati Bhavan 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India’s Chef de Mission pays tribute 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ex-PM started out as an MP from Balrampur 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Pak interim Law Min meets Sushma, condoles demise 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- SAARC leaders, including Pak, turn up at funeral 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Inshort 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Centre announces new freight corridor between Kharagpur, Vijayawada 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Rain brightens chance of filling Srisailam dam 18 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Five years after the renowned rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Pune, the CBI on Saturday arrested one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly pulled the trigger. Identiying the arrested person as one Sachin Prakashrao Andure from Aurangabad, a senior official said that Andure was one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly shot Dr Dabholkar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...