Kolkata Police summons Md Shami’s brother
The Kolkata Police has summoned the brother of India fast bowler Mohammad Shami for interrogation in a domestic violence case lodged by the cricketer’s wife Hasin Jehan, sources said.
The brother of the cricket have been asked to respond in person at the Lal Bazar headquarters of the Kolkata Police, sources said adding he was likely to be questioned on allegations of “rape” brought against him by Jehan the complainant. “He has been asked to remain present on April 18,” an official said.
Earlier, Jehan has filed a DV case against Shami and also claimed interim payment Rs 10 lakh per month for her maintenance alleging she had not been getting a single farthing from her estranged husband against whom she had brought charges of adultery during his trips abroad.
To buttress her arguments she had submitted clippings of chats stored in the cricketer’s mobile phone.
Jehan last week told the court that ever since she raised the issue of her husband’s adultery he had stopped giving him maintenance. She claimed that a cheque of Rs one lakh had been issued to her. But the instrument bounced. The Court had issued summons to the opposite party Jehan’s lawyer Zakir Hussein said.
“The magistrate heard our petition and passed an order show-causing the opposite party asking why an ex-parte order would not be passed against them if they don’t appear before the court within 15 days of receipt of the summons. The next date of hearing is May 4.
- 6 of family found dead in J'khand, suicide notes recovered 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Monsoon Session: Opp leaders to plan strategy 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Rajnath visits B’desh founder’s memorial 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Sarpanch killed 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 2 jawans martyred in gunbattle with Naxals 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 30-yr-old delivers twins on train near Mumbai 16 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- UP woman burnt in temple after gangrape 16 Jul 2018 | PNS
- 31-year-old imposter arrested in Coimbatore college mock drill death 16 Jul 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Over 40K classrooms turn hi-tech in Kerala 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- UP police to strengthen ‘anti-Romeo squads’ to prevent eve-teasing 16 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | PNS | Indore
Hitting back at Congress leader Kamal Nath for writing to Lord Shiva to seek an end to the misrule in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said such shallow tactics have caused the opposition party's downfall. "My friend in the Congress is opposing (us) for no reason...