- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
L&T opens new production line for TLC for BrahMos
L&T Defence, one of the leading industry partners of BrahMos Aerospace, opened a new production line for Transport Launch Canister (TLC) on July 7 at Ranoli, near Vododra, to cater to the serial production requirements of BRAHMOS supersonic cruise missile system.
Inaugurated by Dr. Sudhir K Mishra, Director General (BrahMos) and CEO & MD, BrahMos Aerospace, the production line will manufacture the indigenous canisters which are used for storage, transportation and launch of the BRAHMOS Weapon System. The canister for the missile serves the dual purpose of a container and that of a launching tube.
Speaking on the occasion, Mishra said that the highly successful BRAHMOS missile programme has taken a remarkable lead under the flagship 'Make In India' initiative of the Government.
"Today, BRAHMOS has created a robust ecosystem of indigenous defence manufacturing and integration, thus reinforcing and realising the long-cherished dream of self-reliance in this critical sector. And the immense contribution of each of our defence industry partner in this direction is highly commendable," he further said.
Jayant Patil, Director and Sr. Executive Vice-President, Defence Business, L&T said, "We have been associated with the development of BRAHMOS missile programme for close to two decades. Our journey started under the guidance of DRDO to develop indigenous capabilities and facilities for realization of composite airframes, canisters and allied sub-systems for BRAHMOS missile. Our products have successfully passed applicable qualification tests, and L&T has already started delivering these articles under serial production mode."
The versatile, multi-role, multi-platform BRAHMOS has been integrated with L&T-manufactured Composite Airframes and two different versions of Transport Launch Canister (TLC). L&T Defence has successfully completed the realisation of Composite Airframes for the tactical missile.
L&T Defence's Advanced Composites Manufacturing Facility at Ranoli, Vadodara, will now take up the serial production of BRAHMOS TLC. The unit has the accreditation of National Aerospace and Defence Contractors Accreditation Program (NADCAP) towards manufacturing of Aerospace Products. The Advanced Composites Laboratory at Ranoli, in its efforts towards quality compliance for the ongoing BRAHMOS programme, has received the Accreditation Certification from National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
As a leading Industry partner of BRAHMOS Aerospace, L&T Defence is augmenting the infrastructure at its Precision Manufacturing & Systems Complex, Coimbatore by adding a Composites Facility which will also cater to the serial production requirements.
L&T Defence has also been closely involved in the design, development and production of Launchers and Fire Control Systems (FCS) for the formidable BRAHMOS missiles for naval platforms.
- NGOs to create database on poaching, illegal trade 19 Jul 2018 | Archana Jyoti
- TDP isolated on disruption, parties want RS to function 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- PVR Nest launches Eco Grants 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Centre likely to fix MSP for milk 19 Jul 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- Rajya Sabha gets off to a smooth start 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Govt OK’s Rs 13,000 cr package for Maha 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- LS scraps no-detention policy in Class V, VIII 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- 3 sisters raped for months by 5; prime accused arrested 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 18-year-old girl killed by father for tryst with lover on phone 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Such move will only encourage ‘rape’ culture: Mehbooba 19 Jul 2018 | Mohit Kandhari
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...