Man killed as two groups clash in Greater Noida village
A 23-year-old man was killed after a clash broke out between two groups at a village in Greater Noida here, police said today.
According to the police, the matter was reported from Bodaki village under Dadri police station limits late last night.
The two groups, from the same community, had a dispute around two months ago. The deceased, Sumit, had then thrashed a person from the other side, the police said.
Yesterday, a clash broke out between the groups again. Heated arguments ensued and the two sides came to blows and attacked each other using sticks, they said.
"Sumit got hurt in the fight and was rushed to a hospital where he succumbed to the injuries this morning," a police official said.
An FIR was registered at the Dadri police station and Indian Penal Code sections 147 (rioting), 148 (rioting with armed weapons), 149 (unlawful assembly) and 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) were invoked, among others, the official said.
After Sumit's demise this morning, the police added the murder charge in the case which has seven accused persons, he said.
Dadri Circle Officer Nishank Sharma said the police were conducting raids to arrest the accused persons.
"We are questioning others from the village to trace the accused and will arrest them soon," Sharma said.
Sumit was married and had a child, the police said.
- When Vajpayee asked for pajamas at public meeting 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- ‘Atal made path-breaking contributions to Sino-India ties’ 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- No change of guard ceremony today: Rashtrapati Bhavan 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India’s Chef de Mission pays tribute 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ex-PM started out as an MP from Balrampur 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Pak interim Law Min meets Sushma, condoles demise 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- SAARC leaders, including Pak, turn up at funeral 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Inshort 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Centre announces new freight corridor between Kharagpur, Vijayawada 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Rain brightens chance of filling Srisailam dam 18 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Five years after the renowned rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Pune, the CBI on Saturday arrested one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly pulled the trigger. Identiying the arrested person as one Sachin Prakashrao Andure from Aurangabad, a senior official said that Andure was one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly shot Dr Dabholkar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...